Thursday, August 15, 2013

Procrastination Recipe: Pumpkin Cheesecake

One of my dear friends (she's also my coworker) is moving across the country at the end of the month. It's breaking my heart because she's the one who helps feed my unnecessary Starbucks and chocolate addictions. On the plus side, maybe now I'll stop spending so much money on snacks. As a goodbye gift I told her I would make my pumpkin chocolate cheesecake before she leaves. So here we go... This makes two pies.

Incredients:
1 box Chocolate Teddy Grahams (or an equally chocolatey, dry cookie)
1 stick unsalted butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 8oz packages Neufchatel or cream cheese, softened (I like to do one package of each, but it's personal preference)
1 can pumpkin
1 teaspoon cinnamon


Melt butter. Crush up cookies (preferrably in a food processor, but however you do it make it small bits). Stir in butter until all cookie bits have some butter on them. Then press into pie tin to create the crust. I recommend taking a piece of wax paper, spraying it with cooking spray and using it to press the cookie-butter mixture so it spreads evenly across the bottom and sides of pie pan.


Combine cream cheese (or Neufchatel), sugar, vanilla until smooth. You want to mix until there are no clumps because clumps will stay clumped when baking and then you get a bite of plain cream cheese in the midst of amazing pumpkin flavor and you're like what the heck?! So stir well.







Beat in one egg at a time. Then mix in pumpkin until smooth. Voila, you have your mixture. Go ahead and taste it (take a walk on the wild side and eat raw egg), it's good. Divide evenly between pans. I used a pie pan and a mini bread tin this time and the bread tin turned out just fine. Use whatever you have. And it's fine if the filling covers over the cookie crust. I'm not into baking for perfection.


Bake in 325 degree oven for 40-45 minutes. I am paranoid about burning food so I check every fifteen minutes or so. It's done when it doesn't jiggle in the center.


Refrigerate for two hours (it helps to firm up) before serving. Obviously I had to taste it immediately, you know, just to make sure it was good.


And the procrastination continues...

Post script - my proof came in the mail today. LOVE. And Bug and Beans clearly adore it as well.





Happy Reading!
~Stephanie
SHARE:

1 comment

© Design + Renovation + Staging. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig